Wednesday, July 19, 2006

for my happy feet

I forgot to even mention that the Brooks shoes I had purchased a week ago didn't feel so hot when I got home and walked around in them. So I finally got around to going back to the running store to get an exchange. I was fitted for an Asics pair but unfortunately they didn't have my size. (Me and Bigfoot share the same size, I swear!) The nice guys there offered to order it from the company and call me when the order arrived.

Then I received a call yesterday saying that Asics wasn't going to have a new batch in my size til September! I couldn't wait that long so back to the store I went. This time I was fitted for a comfy new pair of Saucony's. They match my mp3 player! :)

The awesome thing was that they were cheaper than the Brooks shoes so I was able to grab pepper spray and a Headsweats (these are RAD!) visor to make up for the difference. When I ran the Iron Girl 10-miler last December, Hubster bought me a Headsweats cap with the IronGirl logo and name on it for me. I wear that hat every damn day back and forth from campus. I swear by them for keeping sweat at bay and keeping my noggin cool.

By the way, I neglected to mention I'm not doing the ARR #4 5k this weekend. I was browsing an issue of RW while doing x-training the other day and found that the San Diego Track Club is hosting a 3-miler at Balboa Park while I'm in town so I'm doing that instead. My first time running in a different city and my goodness, San Diego nonetheless!

Good luck to all who are doing the ARR 5k this weekend. I'll be thinking "cool" thoughts for ya.

7 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Liv said...

Ooooh perty shoes! Hope they feel as good as they look!

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Great looking shoes Carmen. Sorry you won't be at the ARR 5k this weekend, but best of luck in San Diego. Should be a nice day since any day in San Diego this time of the year is a nice day.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Nice shoes.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Uncle Rico said...

Shoes...just reminded me to buy a new pair as well.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Dubs said...

cool shoes - and neat that you have a hat to match!

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

san diego, sweet!!! johnny and i did some fun running out there in january.

and new shoes, awesome! plus pepper spray, yay!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger BigFoot Marty said...

I share your bigfoot problems. Now at least I work in the running industry and can ge in touch with companies and find my size 15's.

keep it up and have fun.

I always have to remind my self and friends that this is fun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home