Saturday, July 29, 2006

intermission: band-aid, please!

Mileage: 7.1 miles
Type: Base
Pace Average: 9:55 min/mile

I just had to get in this long run, folks. I just had to!
And to think that I did it all on the treadmill again! If this keeps on, I'm going to be the "treadmill queen". :P I really didn't have any option but to use the complex's fitness room again.

This time there were no annoying kids that were burning holes in me with their annoying stares. Just me, the treadmill, and King of the Hill on the boob tube. I had my jams pumping in my ear but it just helped to have something to focus on.

I've abstained from a real long run for so long that I completely forgot about foot chafing! I had planned to take a break once I ran 45 minutes straight so I could down a GU gel. Around 40 mintues I began to feel the familiar burn of my left inner arch rubbing against my shoe. I thought I could hack out the rest of the 2.7 miles I had left to run without having to abandon ship for a good 10-15 minutes to run back home to grab a band-aid.

Folks, I couldn't.
The burn became too intense so I made a quick dash for home and luckily I still had some giant bandaids left from the time I wrecked on my bike three weeks ago. While I was applying the bandaids to the chafing area, I successfully recruited Hubster to run with me. :)

Band-aids...they are definitely an essential...and a lifesaver. I heart Johnson and Johnson! lol

I finished the remaining miles I had left.
So altogether I ran 7.1 miles. The back of my legs were definitely burning and on the verge of cramping when I was done. I briefly stretched.

Then we went home. I had some yogurt and that was that!!

This upcoming week is an easy week. After three weeks of hard training...it's time to take a step back to rest up a bit. Happy running all!

5 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Ouch! Chafing SUCKS - next to blisters. Way to hang in there and get through the run.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job on finishing. i think i'll be hitting up the gym these next couple of weeks to get back into the swing of things.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger ! said...

I agree OUCH to chafing!!. Good for you to keep going. I would wimped out. :)

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Uncle Rico said...

Ouch! I have the similar results with the new hooves.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Deene said...

chafing on your arches? kind of an unusual place for chafing - is it due to the fit of your shoes or you need a different pair of socks? Bodyglide?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home