Friday, July 28, 2006

joy?

The Workout
Mileage: 6.o miles
Type: Endurance

I suck. Today was only the second time this week that I ran. :( I deserve a hard pinch to my arm or something.

I woke up this morning with the feeling that I absolutely, positively had to put in a couple miles before riding to class. So I fueled up with a 'nana, threw on some workout clothes, and hit the complex's fitness room. I ran just under 2 miles at a 9:50 pace.

Then I showered. Booked it to class on my bike.
Endured the 2.5 hours and had info overload. These last two days have been major info overloads. They leave me feeling frustrated and cranky moreso because I'm so confused and the only antidote is to read, read, read which eats up a lot of my time. We're covering transcription and translation. Blah. I've always hated this stuff.

Then I went to work and learned how to work the software that analyzes the carotenoid junk in the bird plasma I've been working with. Sigh. It took a while for me to get it and I wasted three hours doing that. Next week....JOY...no, really, that was sarcasm. Next week I have to do part two of my extraction process and use the software to analyze it. UGH.
Lab rat, I am not. I'd rather be outside catching the birds.

Then I huffed it back home on the bike and got the mail. I am anticipating my employment forms. I recieved the official letter of the job offer yesterday. I'm going to keep it and frame it. Ahhh...I don't care how inadequate the pay is--it's my first real job after college but it's a stepping stone to becoming a wildlife biologist! :) Gotta pay my dues.

No forms so I went back to the complex fitness room and ran a little over 4 miles. I ran the first 2 pretty fast, the 3rd moderate, and I was gasping for air on the 4th. I felt my heart flippity flop and I got scared so I slowed down. It was uncomfortably humid in there so maybe I was overstressing my body.

Oh yeah, I became annoyed when some lady came in the room with her 5-6 year old kid. The kid instantly got on the elliptical and started playing around with it. Periodically she was stare and stare at me, then go back to messing with the machine. I sound like a witch but one of my pet peeves is kids who STARE at me. I feel like their breaking my DNA strands apart with each stare!! Dont' parents teach their kids not to stare at people these days???

So yeah...I'm rambling.

Tonight Hubster and I are headed to the movie theatre to watch "My Super Ex-Girlfriend". Then tomorrow is an all day love-romp with my beloved Genetics material. Joy.

7 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Dubs said...

Ahhh... so I'm not the only one not getting miles in this week. I'm impressed that you ran twice in one day tho.

That would drive me crazy if the kid was starting at me, especially in such close corners. I'd probably end up giving the kid a dirty look hoping it would make them stop staring at me. haha!

Good luck with the bio stuff!

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up too bad. You have a lot going on.

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah, you don't suck. you're just overwhelmed. it's ok, things'll get better. they always do :)

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

You are not the only one who did not get their miles in this week. It will get better.

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're making me wanna go workout. I've been slacking big time lately. The last time I hit the fitness center was on Thursday, now I'm hurting!

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger carmen said...

Thanks for making me feel better. I tend to beat myself up when I can't stick to my running schedule but as long as I get the miles in at the end of the week...it's all good.

Go rosie go!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Uncle Rico said...

You're becoming a running machine...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home