Monday, July 31, 2006

Must Pass...Class

The Workout
Mileage: 3 miles
Type: Easy (but kinda intervalish with tiny hills)

This week is jammed back with non-stop studying. I might as well call this the Carmen's Running and Studying Ball and Chain blog because it's all I ever write about! However, this week is so very crucial. It's literally life or death for my degree because if I don't pass, I can't take it again because I've already taken it so many times already.

I have a good grasp on the material this go round as I've been going to class every single day and spending some of my weekends in a study group at the library. One of my study partners is prepping to take the MCAT and aims to get into med school and I'm hanging around him so much I feel like I'm doing the same thing too! haha This class really is that intense.

I have my second exam tomorrow, a quiz on Thursday, and the final exam on Friday. It's so convenient that my rest week coincides with this week. I have easy runs all week with some crosstraining. I feel like it's helping to stabilize my anxiety and to offset the calorie-dense foods I tend to eat more often when I'm stressed.

I definitely need to schedule an outdoor run this week though. I'm starting to get attached to the treadmill. :( Not a good thing!

I was surprised when I came back from the gym this evening Hubster usually kisses me and gives me a hug when he gets back from work but this time I was so self conscious with my after-workout BO that I told him not to. I STINK!! I exclaimed.

So he says Maybe you should stand in the closet. There's something in there that might make you smell better.

I said, I hope it's cake!

He just gave me eyes that expressed, Open the door already you nerd!

So I open the closet door and sitting on the shelf was an orange fireball of a bouquet of flowers! I was so dumbfounded I didn't know what to do. I just grinned and grinned and gushed. hehe It has all my favorites in there: tigerlilies, daisies, orange-pinkish roses, and eucalyptus leaves.

The little card in the bouquet says:
My dearest Carmen,
I am so proud of you. You have achieved so much and only have more to accomplish. I LOVE YOU! --b

Sometimes I don't realize how lucky I am. :)
Thank you Hubster and you are my heart!

7 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Dubs said...

So awesome - major points for your hubby!! Good luck on your tests!! I'll cross my fingers for you!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Ann Ewbank said...

awwwwww.......

When I swa orange fireball I thought it was going to be a little orange kitten!

Yeah, I'm a little kitten obsessed!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

That's so sweet. Try studying while you are doing some cross-training - multi-task. Good luck. I know that how it feels.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Jack said...

How sweet! Way to go with the studying and training, you are a power woman!

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, how cute! that's awesome!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Liv said...

Awwww what a nice hubby! Major brownie points for him.

Good luck on all your exams - you're almost done, almost done!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Carmen .. best of luck on your final this Friday ... and why to go husband!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home