Thursday, August 10, 2006

I'M BACK! Didja miss me?

I know I am slacking.
I have a couple pictures to show from our trip to San Diego.

I didn't do the 3-miler since I was exhausted from the drive over. However, it was still possible for me to get up and run since I found out later that Balboa Park was just a hop, skip, and a jump away from our hotel.

I also have loads of great news to share but for now I need to wash my face, clean up the kitchen, and then get ready to run on the treadmill.

It's always hard for me to get back in it after a long break. I'm sure some people are thinking, Geez, doesn't she love running enough to actually be aching to run by now?

Yeah, those people.
They annoy me.

I'll have to gripe about them later but they're the kind that think a real runner hurts themselves because they love it so much. What in the world is a "real runner" anyway? Is there such a thing?

I didn't think so.

6 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Welcome back to Valley of the Sun Carmen. Good to see you back on the blogsphere. So clean up your kitchen, wash your face, get your run in on the treadmill and start posting vacation pictures. And post a few vacation stories at the same time. Lots of us were stuck at home while you were off enjoying the cool breezes in San Diego :)

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Dubs said...

So what are you trying to say - you are able to balance your life?? hee hee! Of course you are missed! Welcome back & look forward to seeing your pictures & hearing your great news!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger SRR said...

Know that feeling all too well...

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Take it easy. Don't worry. Running will ALWAYS be there.

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Welcome back! I once heard someone say that a "real runner" knows how to back off before they get hurt, but I know that isn't always true. I do know that part of a good training plan includes REST!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Uncle Rico said...

Welcome back! The pain is slowly going away for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home